It's simple. You take a photo of business card - and within a second it's in your contacts. All fields recognised. Nice time-saver for a given price.
Becides, I've tried it on my phone - it looks cool and always raise interest around. ;)
The application automatically transfers contact data (names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.) from business cards directly to the iPhone address book by using the device’s camera and its own text recognition technology.
The program also transfers a postal code, city and country to the designated fields of the address book making the data suitable for further use in search applications and other contact management systems. With the newly added support for Greek, Business Card Reader processes text in 17 languages including multilingual business cards.
Key Features and Benefits
- No additional equipment required. All you need is an iPhone with a built-in camera, such as the iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G with close-up lens.
- Fast and easy way to add new contacts. All contact information from a business card can be captured in three simple steps.
- High quality data capture and processing. The application uses ABBYY’s award-winning Mobile OCR technology, which quickly and accurately “reads” printed text on images captured with a mobile camera.
- Automatic detection of different data types on business cards. The application intelligently locates different types of contact information on a business card, such as Name, Company/Organization, Job Title, Telephone Numbers (Office, Mobile, Fax), E-mail, and Website.
- Easy-to-use intuitive interface allows you to start using the application right away.